Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Aloha!!!!!!

Randy and I went to Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii last week. We left San Diego Thursday morning, arrived in Kauai that afternoon. It was gorgeous! Sunny, green, and not too hot. Just the way I like it!

We took a catamaran tour around the Napili coast Saturday morning. Perfect conditions! Incredible scenery! Glassy water. Sun.
As we left the harbor for the tour we met a pod of dolphins. We saw several more pods along the way, including this one that had several young calves. This is a mom with twins! Wow!!! Way cool!!! I was in heaven!!! (I know my kids are making fun of me as they read this! Get over it!)
And we saw several turtles! Two of my favorite things... dolphins and turtles!!!
We made a point to have some good food, and couldn't leave without a pukadog for lunch and some Lampert's ice cream for dessert while in Poipu. Thanks for the tip, Nikki and Brian.
Tuesday morning Randy finally hobbled (another story) to the beach for a swim before we left for the airport to come home.

3 comments:

Proud mom of 7......... said...

How cool. I may actually get to go to Hawaii in the next couple months...we have two projects going on over there. I'm crossing my fingers.

I guess it's because we are decedents of Joy Alder that we have fascinations with turtles...Greg thinks I'm nuts because I want one for our back yard. He thinks they're just rocks with eyes. I'm going to research it...see what kind we can have here??? I'm a bit afraid that Nala will eat it though...we'll see.
xoxo~Lize

Amanda said...

Jealous!!

Mand

Sidney said...

Ahh that looked so relaxing. Did you know Bryon has a turtle collection? Looks like you had a wonderful month.