Saturday, January 3, 2009

Home Made for Christmas

Christmas was home made this year. It started when Jessica, Clint , and Owen came in to town on Dec. 18. The first thing we did was borrow Tony's truck and go to Home Depot for a real tree to decorate as the "kids' tree". For years I have had 2 trees- one for me that's pretty, and one that has all the kids' ornaments....some homemade, some as old as Mique that we had our first Christmas. (Mique was a newborn.) The tree even included the string of cheerios garland that Jessica made while we were still in the Green Orchard house before her mission. Jessica and I had fun decorating and reminiscing.
.Christmas eve was spent here with the Gunderson family joining us for a turkey dinner and a fun game of Hand and Foot. Then it was time for bed.

In the morning we got up and opened presents with the Ericksons. Owen was getting the hang of opening presents, and loved the stuffed talking, singing dog he got. I especially loved the sweater Jessica appliqued for me.
At around noon Mique and fam joined us. We opened more presents. I think everyone loved their gifts. I know I did. Every gift was thoughful. I especially loved the "Chill" picture Mique embroidered for me. An inside joke.

And the necklace from Tony and Erika is just so me! (It's the first pic of this posting because I don't know how to move the pictures around. You know me and technology!)

The best part of this Christmas was the fun we had playing games and spending time together, grandkids playing together and with Grammy and Papa. That is what is truly homemade.... the love that we share! May we have many more.

I love you all.

2 comments:

Proud mom of 7......... said...

what a great idea...it was great to extend the festivities even longer...seeing you on Saturday. I don't know what the years to come will be like, with me being out here and my kids spreading out all over the place...I can't even think about it :-(
xoxo~Lize

Sidney said...

More pictures please. You and your girls are so creative, Love to see your works. I hope everyone is healthy and happy.