Sunday, August 12, 2007

Be Careful What You Ask For....

So, With a crazy first part of the week, it's been a VERY quiet 2nd half. I dropped Randy and Tony off at the airport at what Randy calls "O dark thirty" to go on their much anticipated trip to Nicaragua. Actually, we didn't leave until 6:30 and after a noneventful trip to the airport, I was back in time to get ready to go to the temple with Daryl and Susan. After saying goodby to Erika and Buster( they had spent the night) it was off to the temple. That was a very interesting session. First, I got to do the name of Randy's great aunt Dinorah Mendioroz. Fun. Then there were 2 deaf sisters in the session. So a TV moniter was brought in where the word were "signed" and printed at the bottom of the screen. For me, a visual lerarner, it was great to actually see the words. I hope I will remember much of what I saw that day. Also, because there were only 2 married couples there, they needed others to join in the prayer circle. So we 3 friends were able to join in the circle. The prayer talked of peace and joy, especially poignant since Gary, Daryl's friend, died of Sunday, leaving his wife, Susie and 3 boys behind. and knowing that I also hoped for these blessings for my own family.

Now, back to the title of my blog... ever since I got home around 2:30 in the afternoon it's been QUIET. I've hardly even spoken. I have taken care of a few things I had been putting off. I went to Babies r Us to buy Jessica's baby furniture, I finished Stephanie's shower gift, I finally got an anniversary gift for the Schewitz along with cards (put off since June). I went to 2 movies- "Becoming Jane" and "No Reservations". I liked them, "Becoming Jane" more. I've cleaned out my closet-sorta. I got the carpets cleaned- much needed!!!! But I'm looking forward to going to church to actually talk to people! I have talked to a few of my favorite people- Mique and Lisa. And I've heard from the boys in Nicaragua. They are having a good time, trying to understand "dirty" spanish, and navigating really bad roads. I'll let you know later how the next 3 days go. I look forward to cards on Tuesday, as well as book club. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

I'm proud of you for keeping up on your blog! It's nice to be able to read what's going on and just seeing your thoughts. Keep it up (and be careful what you wish for ;)