Monday, October 8, 2007

Grammy's ode to O.D.

So the big day fiinally arrived!!! Owen David was born on Sept. 25, 2007 weighing 7 lbs 14 ozs. (almost the same as his mommy!)



After a long induced labor, Owen was born by C section. But he was worth it all! My first look at him brought me to tears. (I know... big surprise!!!) But he looked so much like Jessica did as a newborn. I was taken back almost 28 years to the day she was born. Gorgeous baby! Yes, I know, I'm a prejudice grammy. But I'm 4 for 4 beautiful grandkids.

Miq and Julia were there for the long haul. They drove down as soon as they heard that Jessica was being induced. We went to the hospital Monday night, left when contractions were pretty uncomfortable for Jess, around 10:00 pm. Got to the hospital the next morning about 9:00. It wwas decided around 5:00 pm that after pushing for an hour, the baby was making no progress and mom-to-be was exhausted, that a c section was needed, (much to my dismay.) And after waiting in a room for 1 1/2 hours, I finally went to the nurses station and asked if my daughter and her baby were OK, since I knew it should only take about 1/2 hr. The nurse was embarrassed that she hadn't let us know any details, and took us right back. Yes, all was well!!

Julia and Mique said hello to Owen, then got in the car to drive back home that night. Tony and Erika arrived just as Miq and Jules were leaving. One big happy family!

Jessica is recovering well, and Owen is growing like a champ. At his dr.'s visit yesterday he weighed 8 lbs 6 ozs. That's about a 1 lb gain since losing after the birth. We spent the day toegether, Grammy and her daughters and grandkids. We ate Rico's, played in the yard, spent a perfect 2 hours at the beach. I asked Julia what her favorite part of the beach is. She thought about it for a few minutes, then replied, "I don't have a favorite part. I love it all." That's my granddaughter!!!!!

Yes, we're so happy O.D. is here. We look forward to many fun times together!!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Yeah- you did it....
Sweet post.
Thanks for the visit. We had fun!
Hope you have recovered.
What do you think of your banner?
Not quite how I want it yet but......sorta. I'll tweak it some more.
Love you,
me

Sidney said...

love the banner,aren't you lucky to have such creative daughters to tweak your blog! thought about you when we drove by the "Villa" this week in Provo. So fun I was around to witness one of the best love stories unfold.

Sidney said...

Oh this is Sidney by the way