Monday, September 10, 2007

You know your getting old.....

So, this past weekend we went to Utah for the surprise b'day party for my baby brother who turned 40 on Thursday. Yep, my youngest sibling is 40 and my oldest child will soon be 30. (Can you hear the creaks and moans as I age befor your eyes?) Randy and I left Saturday morning around 8:00 to make a 9:50 flight to SLC. Of course, we met my sisters at our favorite place on 90th So.- Taipan. Got some cute "Joy" Christmas ornaments. Then we headed south to check in to our hotel near Thanksgiving Point. We left the hotel , map and directions in hand, but didn't realize that the directions that mapquest had given were THE WORST!!! So I called Jill to get directions from her (because we were coming from the north instead of our usual, Provo.) Shw was frantically getting the party set up, and couldn't remember street names, and tried her best. Eventually we made it to their beautiful house. Aaron and Wes had gone golfing, and we waited for them to come home for awhile. And when they finally did, it was fun to see Sluv's reaction. He knew something was up, but he had no idea that Lisa and Greg and Randy and I had flown up. Janet, Raelyn, and Valjay were also there from Cache Valley, as well as Amanda from Price. That got a big reaction from Aaron- to see us all there. Heidi got some good pictures of his reation. Later that night Scott and Teresa arrived around 10:00 after deciding at noon to leave Teresa's parents house to surprise Aaron. That was a great reaction. But it was a little weird being the oldest there, (with the exception of Janet who has been Aaron's mother for the past 25 years.)

Aaron is a great brother. I can certainly take some lessons on how to be a good sibling/uncle from him. He understands that family is what matters. I try to emulate him, but I often fall short. I promise to do better, because I do love my family- from husband to children to grandchildren to siblings and spouses to neices and nephews. I vow to do better!!!!! And I love you, Sluv!!!

No comments: